The Global Patient Services team at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) specializes in:
- Providing children around the world access to the most skilled specialists in pediatric medicine
- Making a family's experience with our Hospital as easy, comfortable and supportive as possible
A dedicated medical home for you
Our Global Patient Services (GPS) Clinic is a medical home especially for you and your child during your stay. On your first visit to CHOP, you will meet the clinic pediatrician and nurse who will assist you during your stay. Our nurses and physicians are always available at the clinic to coordinate care with doctors around the Hospital, renew prescriptions, and review the next steps in your child's care. Our clinic also provides sick visits so your child can be seen quickly.
The Global Patient Services team is dedicated exclusively to the needs of international families. These are some of the professionals who you'll work with during your stay, outside of your medical team.
The medical director oversees all medical care for our international patients upon acceptance to discharge. The medical director coordinates with CHOP faculty, referring physicians, and patients and families to provide excellent pediatric healthcare.
Clinical nurse coordinators
Your family will be assigned a dedicated clinical nurse coordinator to help you schedule your child's initial appointment and will support you during your time at CHOP. Our clinical nurse coordinators are experienced nurses who will:
- Coordinate medical care, including follow-up appointments, procedures, equipment and medication
- Facilitate communication between your family and your embassy or insurance company
- Work closely with the medical director during referral, treatment and discharge
International access coordinators
International access coordinators are multilingual staff available in our international office, including Arabic, Spanish and French speakers. They will work directly with your family on all services needed prior to arrival, during treatment and discharge. They also work closely with clinical coordinators to manage patients' appointments and coordinate treatment.
Patient care navigators
Patient care navigators will greet your family and provide hospital orientation and tours on your first visit. They can help you with opening a bank account, finding housing, and with your transportation needs. They can also assist with your visa process and any ongoing services needed, including daily appointment reminders.
Other members of our team include:
- Transport coordinator to assist with medical transports when necessary
- Operations coordinators to assist with financial matters
- A social worker
Get to know the names and faces of the Global Patient Services team.